Definitions and Examples of aid, assist, support
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To provide assistance or support to someone or something.
The government sent aid to the flood victims to help them rebuild their homes.
To help or support someone in doing a task or achieving a goal.
The teacher assisted the students in solving the math problems.
To give encouragement, help, or approval to someone or something.
My family supported me throughout my journey to become a doctor.
Key Differences: aid vs assist vs support
- 1Aid refers to providing assistance or help to someone or something in need.
- 2Assist means to help or support someone in doing a task or achieving a goal.
- 3Support involves giving encouragement, help, or approval to someone or something.
Effective Usage of aid, assist, support
- 1In daily conversations, use these antonyms to express opposite meanings of countervail.
- 2In academic writing, utilize these antonyms to convey different perspectives and ideas.
- 3In business communication, incorporate these antonyms to discuss strategies and plans.
The antonyms of countervail are aid, assist, and support. Use these words to express opposite meanings of countervail in daily conversations, academic writing, and business communication. Aid refers to providing assistance, assist means to help or support, and support involves giving encouragement or approval.