What is the antonym of “coup”?
The antonyms of coup are loyalty and obedience. The antonyms loyalty and obedience imply a sense of allegiance, faithfulness, and compliance.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A strong feeling of support, allegiance, or devotion to someone or something.
The soldiers showed loyalty to their commander by following his orders without question.
Compliance with an order, request, or law or submission to another's authority.
The dog's obedience to its owner's commands impressed everyone at the park.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Loyalty is a positive term that describes a sense of support and devotion.
- 2Obedience is a neutral term that describes compliance with orders or laws.
Good things to know
- 1Discuss Relationships: Use loyalty to describe a strong bond between people or groups.
- 2Talk about Authority: Use obedience to describe compliance with rules or laws.
- 3Describe Characters: Use these antonyms to create contrasting characters in stories or movies.
The antonyms of coup are loyalty and obedience. Loyalty implies a sense of support and devotion, while obedience describes compliance with orders or laws. Use these antonyms to discuss relationships, authority, and create contrasting characters in stories or movies.