What is the antonym of “cowardness”?
The antonyms of cowardness are bravery, courage, and fearlessness. These words describe the opposite of being afraid or lacking courage.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The quality or state of being brave; courageous behavior or character.
The firefighter showed great bravery when he entered the burning building to save the people trapped inside.
The ability to do something that frightens one; strength in the face of pain or grief.
It takes a lot of courage to speak up against injustice, but it's necessary to create change.
The state of being without fear; boldness or bravery.
The lion tamer displayed fearlessness as he entered the cage with the wild animals.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Bravery and courage are complementary antonyms that describe the quality or state of being brave or courageous.
- 2Fearlessness is a gradable antonym that describes the state of being without fear or boldness.
Good things to know
- 1Encourage Others: Use these antonyms to inspire others to be brave and courageous.
- 2Express Gratitude: Show appreciation for acts of bravery and courage by using these antonyms.
- 3Discuss Personal Growth: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations about overcoming fears and developing courage.
The antonyms of cowardness are bravery, courage, and fearlessness. Bravery and courage describe the quality or state of being brave or courageous, while fearlessness describes the state of being without fear or boldness. Use these antonyms to encourage others, express gratitude, and discuss personal growth.