What is the antonym of “craftsman”?
The antonyms of craftsman are amateur and novice. The antonyms amateur and novice describe someone who is inexperienced or unskilled in a particular craft or activity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A person who engages in a pursuit, especially a sport, on an unpaid basis.
He's an amateur photographer who enjoys taking pictures as a hobby.
A person new to or inexperienced in a field or situation.
She's a novice at playing the guitar and still learning the basics.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Amateur refers to someone who engages in a pursuit, especially a sport, on an unpaid basis.
- 2Novice refers to someone who is new to or inexperienced in a field or situation.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and communicate more effectively.
- 2Career Development: Use these words to describe your level of experience in a particular field or activity.
- 3Education: Use these words to describe the skill level of students or learners in a particular subject or activity.