What is the antonym of “critically”?
The antonyms of critically are complimentarily and positively. The antonyms complimentarily and positively convey a positive or approving tone. It implies an expression of admiration, praise, or agreement.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Expressing admiration, praise, or approval.
She spoke complimentarily about her colleague's work and praised her for her dedication.
Expressing agreement, support, or approval.
He responded positively to the proposal and agreed to implement it in the next meeting.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Complimentarily is a term that describes an expression of admiration, praise, or approval.
- 2Positively is a more general term that describes an expression of agreement, support, or approval.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use complimentarily and positively to express appreciation and agreement effectively.
- 2Show Politeness: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate respect and politeness.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create a positive and engaging tone.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Complimentarily conveys admiration, praise, or approval, while positively denotes agreement, support, or approval. Use these words to enhance communication, show politeness in conversations, and enrich writing by creating a positive and engaging tone.