What is the antonym of “crown”?
The antonyms of crown are base and bottom. The antonyms base and bottom convey a sense of low or inferior position, opposite to the high or superior position of a crown.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The lowest part or foundation of something; the fundamental principle or basis.
The base of the mountain was covered in thick vegetation.
The lowest point or part of something; the opposite of the top or uppermost part.
The boat sank to the bottom of the ocean.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Base refers to the lowest part or foundation of something, while crown refers to the highest or most important part.
- 2Bottom refers to the lowest point or part of something, while crown refers to the top or uppermost part.
Good things to know
- 1Architecture: Use crown to describe the topmost part of a building or structure, and base to describe its foundation or lowest part.
- 2Hierarchy: Use crown to describe the highest or most important position in a hierarchy, and bottom to describe the lowest or least important position.
- 3Metaphors: Use crown and bottom in metaphors to convey ideas of superiority and inferiority, respectively.
The antonyms of crown are base and bottom. Base refers to the lowest part or foundation of something, while bottom refers to the lowest point or part of something. Use these words in architecture, hierarchy, and metaphors to convey ideas of superiority and inferiority.