What is the antonym of “cruelest”?
The antonym of cruelest are kind, compassionate, and merciful. These antonyms convey a positive and benevolent attitude towards others. They imply a willingness to help, support, and show kindness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having or showing a friendly, generous, and considerate nature.
She was kind enough to offer me a ride home when my car broke down.
Feeling or showing sympathy and concern for others who are suffering.
The doctor was compassionate towards his patients and always took the time to listen to their concerns.
Showing or exercising mercy; lenient or compassionate.
The judge was merciful in his sentencing and gave the defendant a second chance.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Kind implies a friendly and generous nature towards others.
- 2Compassionate denotes a feeling of sympathy and concern for those who are suffering.
- 3Merciful refers to being lenient or showing compassion towards someone who deserves punishment.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use these antonyms to express appreciation towards someone who has been kind, compassionate, or merciful.
- 2Encourage Positive Behavior: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to encourage positive behavior towards others.
- 3Promote Empathy: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to promote empathy and understanding towards others.