What is the antonym of “cryptopyic”?
The antonyms of cryptopyic are clear, obvious, and apparent. The antonyms clear, obvious, and apparent convey a sense of clarity, transparency, and ease of understanding. They imply that something is easily seen, understood, or perceived.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Easy to perceive, understand, or interpret; not vague or ambiguous.
The instructions were clear and concise, making it easy for everyone to follow.
Easily perceived or understood; clear, self-evident, or apparent.
It was obvious that he was lying, as his story kept changing every time he spoke.
Easily seen, understood, or recognized; obvious or evident.
It was apparent that she had put in a lot of effort into her presentation, as it was well-organized and informative.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clear implies that something is easy to understand and not vague or ambiguous.
- 2Obvious suggests that something is easily perceived or understood without much effort.
- 3Apparent indicates that something is easily seen, recognized, or evident.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use clear, obvious, and apparent to express ideas effectively.
- 2Clarify Misunderstandings: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to avoid confusion and clarify misunderstandings.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create clear and concise prose.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Clear conveys ease of understanding, obvious suggests ease of perception, and apparent indicates ease of recognition. Use these words to enhance communication, clarify misunderstandings, and enrich writing by creating clear and concise prose.