What is the antonym of “culls”?
The antonyms of culls are add, increase, and multiply. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of reducing or decreasing something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To put something together with something else to increase the size, number, or amount.
She decided to add some sugar to the recipe to make it sweeter.
To make something larger in size, number, or amount.
The company decided to increase the salaries of its employees by 10%.
To increase the number or amount of something by adding more of it.
He wanted to multiply his savings by investing in the stock market.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Add implies combining two or more things to make them bigger or better.
- 2Increase refers to making something larger in size, number, or amount.
- 3Multiply means increasing the number or amount of something by adding more of it.
Good things to know
- 1Mathematics: Use add and multiply in mathematical operations.
- 2Business: Use increase to describe growth in sales, revenue, or profits.
- 3Cooking: Use add to describe the process of including ingredients in a recipe.