What is the antonym of “culturist”?
The antonyms of culturist are globalist and cosmopolitan. The antonyms globalist and cosmopolitan convey a broader perspective and an openness to different cultures, whereas culturist implies a focus on one's own culture.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A person who advocates for international cooperation and understanding, and who recognizes the importance of global issues.
As a globalist, she believes that we need to work together as a world community to solve environmental problems.
Familiar with and at ease in many different countries and cultures; having an international outlook.
Growing up in a multicultural city like New York made her feel cosmopolitan and open-minded.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Globalist refers to someone who recognizes the importance of global issues and advocates for international cooperation and understanding.
- 2Cosmopolitan describes someone who is familiar with and comfortable in many different cultures and countries.
- 3Culturist implies a focus on one's own culture and may not be open to other cultures.
Good things to know
- 1Politics: Use these antonyms to describe different political ideologies and perspectives.
- 2Travel: Incorporate these antonyms when discussing travel experiences and cultural differences.
- 3Education: Utilize these antonyms in educational settings to discuss the importance of cultural awareness and global issues.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Globalist recognizes the importance of global issues, cosmopolitan is familiar with many cultures, and culturist focuses on one's own culture. Use these words to discuss politics, travel experiences, and education.