What is the antonym of “cursed”?
The antonyms of cursed are blessed, fortunate, and lucky. These antonyms convey a positive or favorable state of being, implying good fortune, prosperity, or divine favor.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having divine favor or protection; enjoying happiness, contentment, or prosperity.
She felt blessed to have such a loving family and supportive friends.
Having good luck or favorable circumstances; being in a fortunate position.
He was fortunate to get the job he had always wanted, despite the tough competition.
Having good fortune or chance; being favored by luck or fate.
She felt lucky to have won the lottery and planned to use the money wisely.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Blessed implies divine favor or protection, while fortunate and lucky imply good luck or favorable circumstances.
- 2Fortunate suggests being in a favorable position, while lucky suggests being favored by chance or fate.
- 3Lucky is a more casual term than fortunate and blessed, which are more formal and often used in religious contexts.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use blessed to express gratitude for divine favor or protection.
- 2Acknowledge Good Fortune: Use fortunate or lucky to acknowledge good luck or favorable circumstances.
- 3Enrich Vocabulary: Incorporate these antonyms in writing and speaking to expand your vocabulary and express nuanced meanings.