What is the antonym of “curt”?
The antonyms of curt are polite, courteous, and gracious. The antonyms polite, courteous, and gracious convey a positive and respectful attitude towards others. It implies a willingness to be kind, considerate, and helpful.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Behaving in a respectful and considerate manner towards others.
She always greets her neighbors with a polite smile and asks how they are doing.
Showing good manners and respect for others.
The waiter was very courteous and made sure that all the customers were satisfied with their meals.
Marked by kindness, courtesy, and tact.
She was very gracious in accepting the award and thanked everyone who had helped her along the way.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Polite is a general term that describes a respectful and considerate behavior towards others.
- 2Courteous is a more specific term that emphasizes good manners and respect for others.
- 3Gracious is a term that conveys kindness, courtesy, and tact in dealing with others.
Good things to know
- 1Social Interactions: Use polite, courteous, and gracious to show respect and consideration towards others.
- 2Professional Settings: Incorporate antonyms in business communication to convey a positive and professional attitude.
- 3Customer Service: Utilize these antonyms in customer service interactions to create a positive and helpful experience for customers.