What is the antonym of “daft”?
The antonyms of daft are sensible and intelligent. The antonyms sensible and intelligent convey a positive or rational state of mind. It implies a level of wisdom, good judgment, or mental capacity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having or showing good sense or judgment; practical and reasonable.
It would be sensible to bring an umbrella since it's raining outside.
Having the ability to learn, understand, and think in a logical way; smart.
She is an intelligent student who always gets top grades in her class.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Sensible refers to practicality and reasonableness, while intelligent refers to mental capacity and the ability to learn and understand.
- 2Sensible is more related to common sense, while intelligent is more related to academic or intellectual abilities.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use sensible and intelligent to express positive attributes effectively.
- 2Show Respect: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate respect for someone's intelligence or good judgment.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create well-rounded characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Sensible conveys practicality and reasonableness, while intelligent denotes mental capacity and the ability to learn and understand. Use these words to enhance communication, show respect in conversations, and enrich writing by creating well-rounded characters and compelling narratives.