What is the antonym of “daintiest”?
The antonyms of daintiest are clumsy, awkward, and unrefined. These antonyms describe a lack of grace, elegance, or delicacy.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking grace or coordination in movement or action; awkward.
He was so clumsy that he kept knocking over things wherever he went.
Lacking skill or dexterity; causing difficulty or embarrassment.
She felt awkward trying to dance in front of the crowd because she had never done it before.
Lacking sophistication or elegance; crude or coarse.
His manners were so unrefined that he often offended people without realizing it.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clumsy refers to a lack of coordination or grace in movement or action.
- 2Awkward describes a lack of skill or dexterity that causes difficulty or embarrassment.
- 3Unrefined denotes a lack of sophistication or elegance that is crude or coarse.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Movement: Use clumsy to describe someone's movements that lack grace or coordination.
- 2Social Situations: Use awkward to describe situations that cause difficulty or embarrassment.
- 3Manners and Taste: Use unrefined to describe someone's manners or taste that lacks sophistication or elegance.