What is the antonym of “darling”?
The antonyms of darling are enemy and hater. The antonyms enemy and hater convey a negative or hostile relationship between two individuals. It implies a lack of affection, fondness, or love.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A person who is actively opposed or hostile to someone or something.
During the war, he fought against his former enemy and tried to protect his country.
A person who dislikes or resents someone or something intensely.
She was shocked to find out that her best friend had become her hater and was spreading rumors about her.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Enemy refers to a person who is actively opposed or hostile to someone or something.
- 2Hater refers to a person who dislikes or resents someone or something intensely.
Good things to know
- 1Express Dislike: Use enemy and hater to express strong negative feelings towards someone or something.
- 2Describe Relationships: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to describe relationships between two individuals.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create tension and conflict between characters.