What is the antonym of “decentralized”?
The antonyms of decentralized are centralized, concentrated, and united. These words convey the opposite meaning of decentralized, which means to distribute power or authority away from a central location or group.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Controlled by a central authority or organization.
The company's decision-making process is highly centralized, with all major decisions being made by the CEO.
Gathered together closely; focused on a single point or area.
The city's population is concentrated in the downtown area, where most of the businesses and attractions are located.
Joined together as a single entity or group.
The two political parties formed a united front to oppose the new tax proposal.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Centralized refers to a system or organization that is controlled by a central authority, while decentralized implies that power or authority is distributed among different groups or individuals.
- 2Concentrated refers to something that is gathered together closely, while decentralized implies that something is spread out over a larger area or group.
- 3United refers to a group that is joined together as a single entity, while decentralized implies that there are multiple entities or groups that are not necessarily joined together.
Good things to know
- 1Politics: Use these antonyms to describe different forms of government or political systems.
- 2Business: Incorporate these antonyms to describe different organizational structures or decision-making processes.
- 3Technology: Utilize these antonyms to describe different types of networks or computing systems.
The antonyms of decentralized are centralized, concentrated, and united. These words convey different meanings related to control, concentration, and unity. Use them to describe different forms of government, organizational structures, decision-making processes, networks, or computing systems.