What is the antonym of “decerebrate”?
The antonyms of decerebrate are enable and mobilize. The antonyms enable and mobilize convey a positive or active state. It implies the ability to act, move, or function.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To give someone or something the means or opportunity to do something.
The new software will enable us to work more efficiently and complete tasks faster.
To prepare for action or movement; to organize resources or people for a specific purpose.
The government decided to mobilize the army to help with disaster relief efforts.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Enable refers to giving someone or something the means or opportunity to do something.
- 2Mobilize refers to preparing for action or movement and organizing resources or people for a specific purpose.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use enable and mobilize to express the ability to act, move, or function effectively.
- 2Show Empathy: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate understanding.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create dynamic characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Enable conveys the ability to do something, while mobilize refers to preparing for action or movement. Use these words to enhance communication, show empathy in conversations, and enrich writing by creating dynamic characters and compelling narratives.