What is the antonym of “deepest”?
The antonyms of deepest are shallow and superficial. The antonyms shallow and superficial convey a lack of depth or intensity. It implies a superficial or surface-level understanding or feeling.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Lacking depth; not deep or profound.
The river was shallow enough to wade through.
Existing or occurring at or on the surface; appearing to be true or real only until examined more closely.
Her superficial knowledge of the subject was exposed when she failed the exam.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Shallow refers to a lack of depth, both physically and metaphorically.
- 2Superficial refers to something that is only on the surface and may not be genuine or accurate.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use shallow and superficial to describe things that lack depth or substance.
- 2Express Disapproval: Use these antonyms to criticize people who have a shallow or superficial understanding of things.
- 3Discuss Relationships: Use these antonyms to describe relationships that lack emotional depth or intimacy.
The antonyms shallow and superficial convey a lack of depth or intensity. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, express disapproval, and discuss relationships that lack emotional depth or intimacy.