What is the antonym of “defatigable”?
The antonyms of defatigable are fatigued, exhausted, and lethargic. These words describe a state of being tired, lacking energy, or feeling drained.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling tired or worn out, often due to physical or mental exertion.
After running a marathon, he felt fatigued and needed to rest.
Completely depleted of energy or strength; extremely tired.
She worked overtime for several days and was exhausted by the end of the week.
Feeling sluggish, drowsy, or lacking in energy or enthusiasm.
After eating a heavy meal, he felt lethargic and didn't want to do anything.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Fatigued describes a feeling of tiredness due to physical or mental exertion.
- 2Exhausted describes a state of complete depletion of energy or strength.
- 3Lethargic describes a feeling of sluggishness or drowsiness.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express different degrees of tiredness.
- 2Discuss Health: Incorporate these words in conversations about health and wellness.
- 3Describe Emotions: Use these words to describe characters' emotions in stories or movies.
The antonyms of defatigable describe different degrees of tiredness. Fatigued describes a feeling of tiredness due to physical or mental exertion, exhausted describes a state of complete depletion of energy or strength, and lethargic describes a feeling of sluggishness or drowsiness. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, discuss health, and describe emotions in storytelling.