What is the antonym of “deficiently”?
The antonyms of deficiently are sufficiently, adequately, and competently. These words convey the opposite meaning of deficiently, which means lacking in quality or quantity.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To an extent that meets the needs or requirements; adequately.
She studied sufficiently for the exam and got a good grade.
To a degree that is enough or satisfactory for a particular purpose.
The company provided adequately for its employees' health insurance.
In a way that is efficient, capable, and skilled.
The new employee performed competently in his first week on the job.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Sufficiently implies meeting the needs or requirements, while adequately suggests being enough or satisfactory for a particular purpose.
- 2Competently implies being efficient, capable, and skilled in performing a task.
Good things to know
- 1Workplace Communication: Use these antonyms to describe work performance and expectations.
- 2Academic Writing: Incorporate these antonyms in essays to express ideas more precisely.
- 3Daily Conversation: Utilize these antonyms to describe experiences and situations more accurately.
The antonyms of deficiently are sufficiently, adequately, and competently. Use these words to describe work performance and expectations, express ideas more precisely in academic writing, and describe experiences and situations more accurately in daily conversation.