What is the antonym of “deflecting”?
The antonyms of deflecting are direct, guide, and lead. These words convey the opposite meaning of deflecting, which is to steer or guide something in a particular direction.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To manage or control the course of something; to give guidance or instructions.
The teacher will direct the students on how to complete the project.
To show or indicate the way to someone or something; to lead or direct.
The tour guide will guide us through the museum and explain the exhibits.
To show the way by going in advance; to guide or direct.
The experienced hiker will lead the group up the mountain trail.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Direct implies giving clear instructions or orders to control the course of something.
- 2Guide suggests showing or indicating the way to someone or something, often by leading them.
- 3Lead means to go in advance and show the way, often by guiding or directing others.
Good things to know
- 1Leadership: Use direct, guide, and lead to describe effective leadership skills.
- 2Navigation: Use these antonyms to describe how to navigate through unfamiliar territory.
- 3Sports: Use these words to describe how athletes guide or direct the ball or puck towards the goal.
The antonyms of deflecting are direct, guide, and lead. These words convey the opposite meaning of deflecting, which is to steer or guide something in a particular direction. Use these words to describe effective leadership skills, navigation, and sports.