What is the antonym of “deign”?
The antonyms of deign are disdain, reject, and refuse. These words convey a sense of refusal or rejection, indicating that someone is unwilling to do something or consider something beneath them.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To regard with contempt or scorn; to look down upon.
She disdained the idea of working for minimum wage and instead pursued her passion.
To refuse to accept, consider, or use something or someone.
The company rejected his proposal, citing budget constraints.
To decline to do something; to say no to an offer or request.
He refused to attend the party, as he had other commitments.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Disdain implies a feeling of contempt or scorn towards something or someone.
- 2Reject means to refuse to accept, consider, or use something or someone.
- 3Refuse means to decline to do something or say no to an offer or request.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Vocabulary: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more precisely.
- 2Improve Writing: Incorporate these words in your writing to convey a sense of refusal or rejection.
- 3Develop Critical Thinking: Analyze the nuances of these words to understand the subtle differences in meaning.
The antonyms of deign are disdain, reject, and refuse. Use these words to enhance your vocabulary, improve your writing, and develop critical thinking skills by analyzing their nuances and subtle differences in meaning.