What is the antonym of “dejectedness”?
The antonyms of dejectedness are cheerfulness and happiness. The antonyms cheerfulness and happiness convey a positive or contented emotional state. It implies a sense of joy, satisfaction, or pleasure.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling or expressing happiness, optimism, and positivity.
Her cheerfulness was contagious, and everyone around her felt uplifted.
A state of well-being characterized by positive emotions, contentment, and satisfaction.
Winning the lottery brought him immense happiness, and he felt like he could achieve anything.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Cheerfulness is a state of being happy, optimistic, and positive.
- 2Happiness is a more general term that describes a state of well-being characterized by positive emotions, contentment, and satisfaction.
Good things to know
- 1Express Gratitude: Use cheerfulness and happiness to express gratitude for positive experiences.
- 2Boost Morale: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to boost morale and uplift others.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create relatable characters and compelling stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Cheerfulness conveys a state of being happy, optimistic, and positive, while happiness describes a general state of well-being characterized by positive emotions, contentment, and satisfaction. Use these words to express gratitude, boost morale, and enrich writing by creating relatable characters and compelling narratives.