What is the antonym of “demeriting”?
The antonyms of demeriting are crediting, valuing, and appreciating. These antonyms convey a positive or approving attitude towards someone or something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To acknowledge or give recognition to someone for their work, achievement, or contribution.
The manager is crediting the team for their hard work and dedication towards completing the project on time.
To consider someone or something important, useful, or beneficial.
The company is valuing its employees by providing them with a safe and healthy work environment.
To recognize and express gratitude for someone's efforts, qualities, or actions.
I am appreciating your help in completing this task. Thank you so much!
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Crediting refers to acknowledging someone's work or contribution.
- 2Valuing refers to considering someone or something important or useful.
- 3Appreciating refers to recognizing and expressing gratitude for someone's efforts or qualities.
Good things to know
- 1In the Workplace: Use these antonyms to motivate and encourage employees.
- 2In Personal Relationships: Use these antonyms to express appreciation and gratitude towards loved ones.
- 3In Academic Settings: Use these antonyms to acknowledge and recognize the achievements of students.
The antonyms of demeriting convey a positive or approving attitude towards someone or something. Use crediting to acknowledge someone's work or contribution, valuing to consider someone or something important or useful, and appreciating to recognize and express gratitude for someone's efforts or qualities. Use these antonyms in the workplace, personal relationships, and academic settings to motivate, encourage, and recognize achievements.