What is the antonym of “denier”?
The antonyms of denier are believer and supporter. The antonyms believer and supporter convey a positive or affirmative stance towards something. It implies acceptance, agreement, or endorsement.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A person who accepts something as true or real.
As a devout Christian, she is a firm believer in the power of prayer.
A person who approves of and encourages something or someone.
The politician's supporters cheered loudly as he made his victory speech.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Believer is a term that describes a person who accepts something as true or real.
- 2Supporter is a term that describes a person who approves of and encourages something or someone.
Good things to know
- 1Debate: Use denier, believer, and supporter to express different viewpoints in a discussion or argument.
- 2Politics: Incorporate these antonyms in political contexts to describe people's positions on issues or candidates.
- 3Religion: Utilize these antonyms in religious contexts to describe people's faith or lack thereof.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Believer denotes acceptance, while supporter denotes approval and encouragement. Use these words in debates, political and religious contexts to describe people's positions, beliefs, and attitudes.