What is the antonym of “depreciatory”?
The antonyms of depreciatory are complimentary and praising. The antonyms complimentary and praising convey a positive or approving tone. They imply an expression of admiration, approval, or respect.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Expressing admiration, approval, or respect.
The chef received many complimentary comments on his delicious meal.
Expressing warm approval or admiration.
The teacher gave praising remarks to the student for his excellent performance.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Complimentary is a term that describes an expression of admiration, approval, or respect.
- 2Praising is a more specific term that denotes an expression of warm approval or admiration.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use complimentary and praising to express appreciation effectively.
- 2Show Respect: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate admiration and approval.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create positive and uplifting stories.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Complimentary conveys admiration, approval, or respect, while praising denotes warm approval or admiration. Use these words to enhance communication, show respect in conversations, and enrich writing by creating positive and uplifting stories.