What is the antonym of “deserting”?
The antonyms of deserting are staying, supporting, and loyal. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of leaving or abandoning someone or something. They imply a sense of commitment, dedication, and loyalty.
See all the antonyms of “deserting”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To remain in a particular place or situation.
She decided to stay with her family instead of moving to another city.
To provide assistance, encouragement, or resources to someone or something.
He is supporting his friend's business by promoting it on social media.
Having or showing complete and constant support or allegiance to someone or something.
She has always been loyal to her country and its values.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Staying implies remaining in a particular place or situation, whereas deserting means leaving or abandoning it.
- 2Supporting involves providing assistance or resources to someone or something, while deserting means withdrawing or withholding them.
- 3Loyal conveys a sense of commitment and allegiance, while deserting implies a lack of it.
Good things to know
- 1Express Commitment: Use staying, supporting, and loyal to express your dedication and loyalty to someone or something.
- 2Show Gratitude: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to show appreciation for someone's commitment and support.
- 3Encourage Others: Utilize these antonyms to encourage others to stay committed and loyal to their goals and values.
The antonyms of deserting convey a sense of commitment, dedication, and loyalty. Use staying to imply remaining in a particular place or situation, supporting to provide assistance or resources, and loyal to show complete and constant support or allegiance. These antonyms can be used to express commitment, show gratitude, and encourage others to stay committed and loyal to their goals and values.