The Opposite(Antonym) of “desirable”
The antonym of desirable is undesirable, repellent, and unappealing. The antonyms undesirable, repellent, and unappealing convey a negative or unattractive quality. It implies a lack of desirability, attractiveness, or appeal.
Definitions and Examples of undesirable, repellent, unappealing
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not wanted or welcome; objectionable.
The company had to lay off some undesirable employees due to budget cuts.
Causing disgust or aversion; repulsive.
The smell of the garbage was so repellent that it made me feel sick.
Not attractive or interesting; dull or uninviting.
The restaurant's decor was unappealing and outdated, which made me lose my appetite.
Key Differences: undesirable vs repellent vs unappealing
- 1Undesirable is a general term that describes something that is not wanted or welcome.
- 2Repellent is a more specific term that describes something that causes disgust or aversion.
- 3Unappealing is a term that describes something that is not attractive or interesting.
Effective Usage of undesirable, repellent, unappealing
- 1Vocabulary Expansion: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express yourself more accurately.
- 2Product Reviews: Incorporate these antonyms in product reviews to describe the negative aspects of a product.
- 3Job Interviews: Use these antonyms to describe qualities that you don't want in a job or work environment.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Undesirable conveys something that is not wanted, repellent denotes something that causes disgust, and unappealing refers to something that is not attractive. Use these words to expand your vocabulary, write product reviews, or describe qualities you don't want in a job or work environment.