What is the antonym of “desireless”?
The antonyms of desireless are ambitious, desirous, and greedy. These words convey a strong desire or craving for something, whether it be success, material possessions, or power.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a strong desire to succeed or achieve something.
She was an ambitious student who always aimed for the top grades.
Having a strong desire or craving for something.
He was desirous of wealth and fame, and worked hard to achieve his goals.
Having an excessive or insatiable desire for more than one needs or deserves.
The greedy businessman only cared about making more money, even if it meant exploiting his workers.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Ambitious describes a strong desire to succeed or achieve something, often in a positive or admirable way.
- 2Desirous describes a strong desire or craving for something, which can be either positive or negative depending on the context.
- 3Greedy describes an excessive or insatiable desire for more than one needs or deserves, which is generally seen as negative.
Good things to know
- 1Vocabulary Expansion: Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary and express different shades of meaning.
- 2Character Development: Incorporate these antonyms in narratives to create well-rounded and believable characters.
- 3Critical Thinking: Analyze the nuances of these antonyms to develop critical thinking skills.
The antonyms of desireless are ambitious, desirous, and greedy. These words convey different levels and types of desire, from a positive desire to succeed (ambitious) to a negative desire for excessive wealth or power (greedy). Use these antonyms to expand your vocabulary, create well-rounded characters, and develop critical thinking skills.