What is the antonym of “detachment”?
The antonym of detachment are attachment, involvement, and interest. The antonyms attachment, involvement, and interest convey a sense of connection or involvement with something or someone.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
A strong emotional bond or connection to someone or something.
She had a deep attachment to her childhood home and couldn't bear the thought of selling it.
The state of being connected or participating in something.
His involvement in the project was crucial to its success.
A feeling of curiosity, concern, or attention towards something or someone.
He took an interest in learning about different cultures and customs.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Attachment refers to a strong emotional bond or connection to someone or something.
- 2Involvement refers to the state of being connected or participating in something.
- 3Interest refers to a feeling of curiosity, concern, or attention towards something or someone.
Good things to know
- 1Relationships: Use attachment to describe a strong emotional bond with someone or something.
- 2Activities: Use involvement to describe participation in an activity or event.
- 3Curiosity: Use interest to describe a feeling of curiosity or attention towards something or someone.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Attachment conveys a strong emotional bond, involvement denotes participation, and interest refers to curiosity. Use these words to describe relationships, activities, and curiosity towards something or someone.