What is the antonym of “detested”?
The antonyms of detested are love, adore, and fancy. These words convey a positive or affectionate emotional state. They imply a strong liking, admiration, or enjoyment.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To have a strong affection or deep attachment for someone or something.
I love spending time with my family and friends.
To feel great affection, admiration, or devotion for someone or something.
She adores her little puppy and takes care of it like a baby.
To have a liking or preference for someone or something.
He fancies spicy food and always orders the hottest dish on the menu.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Love is a strong and deep feeling of affection or attachment.
- 2Adore implies a great admiration or devotion for someone or something.
- 3Fancy denotes a liking or preference for someone or something, but not as strong as love or adore.
Good things to know
- 1Express Affection: Use love, adore, and fancy to express your feelings towards someone or something.
- 2Describe Preferences: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to describe your likes and dislikes.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these words in writing to create vivid descriptions and convey emotions effectively.