What is the antonym of “diabolic”?
The antonym of diabolic is angelic, divine, and godly. The antonyms angelic, divine, and godly convey a positive or holy connotation. It implies a sense of purity, goodness, or divinity.
See all the antonyms of “diabolic”
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Resembling or having the qualities of an angel; pure, innocent, and kind.
Her voice was so sweet and angelic that it felt like listening to a choir of angels.
Relating to or coming from God or a god; sacred, holy, and perfect.
The sunset over the ocean was so breathtakingly divine that it felt like a glimpse of heaven.
Having the qualities of a god; righteous, virtuous, and pious.
He was known for his godly wisdom and compassion, and people often sought his advice.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Angelic describes someone or something that resembles an angel in purity, innocence, and kindness.
- 2Divine refers to something that is sacred, holy, and perfect, often associated with God or a god.
- 3Godly describes someone or something that has the qualities of a god, such as righteousness, virtue, and piety.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use angelic, divine, and godly to describe people, places, or things that have a positive or holy connotation.
- 2Show Respect: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to show respect and admiration for someone or something.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create vivid imagery and evoke emotions in readers.