What is the antonym of “diametrical”?
The antonyms of diametrical are similar, identical, and congruent. These antonyms convey the opposite meaning of diametrical, which means completely different or opposite.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having a likeness or resemblance; sharing common qualities or characteristics.
The two paintings were so similar that it was hard to tell them apart.
Exactly the same; not different or distinct.
The twins looked so identical that even their parents had trouble telling them apart.
In agreement or harmony; corresponding or matching.
The results of the experiment were congruent with the hypothesis that was proposed.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Similar describes things that have some qualities in common, but are not exactly the same.
- 2Identical describes things that are exactly the same in every way.
- 3Congruent describes things that correspond or match each other.
Good things to know
- 1Mathematics: Use congruent to describe geometric figures that have the same shape and size.
- 2Science: Use identical to describe identical twins or molecules that have the same structure.
- 3Comparisons: Use similar to compare two things that have some similarities but are not exactly the same.
The antonyms of diametrical are similar, identical, and congruent. Use similar to describe things that have some qualities in common, identical to describe things that are exactly the same, and congruent to describe things that correspond or match each other. These words can be used in mathematics, science, and comparisons to convey different meanings.