What is the antonym of “differs”?
The antonyms of differs are resemble and agree. The antonym resemble means to be similar or alike, while agree means to have the same opinion or belief.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To be similar or alike in appearance, character, or qualities.
The two sisters resemble each other so much that people often mistake them for twins.
To have the same opinion, belief, or view as someone else.
We all agree that the new policy will benefit the company in the long run.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Resemble refers to similarity in appearance, character, or qualities, while differs refers to a lack of similarity or dissimilarity.
- 2Agree refers to having the same opinion or belief, while differs refers to having a different opinion or belief.
Good things to know
- 1Comparing and Contrasting: Use differs and resemble to compare and contrast two or more things.
- 2Expressing Opinions: Use agree and differs to express your opinions and beliefs in conversations.
- 3Negotiating: Use agree and differs to negotiate and find common ground with others.