What is the antonym of “diligentia”?
The antonyms of diligentia are negligence, carelessness, and laziness. These antonyms describe a lack of effort, attention, or care in performing a task.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Failure to take proper care in doing something.
The accident was caused by the driver's negligence in checking his brakes.
Lack of attention or caution in avoiding harm or errors.
Her carelessness in handling the fragile vase resulted in it breaking into pieces.
Unwillingness to work or exert oneself; idleness.
His laziness prevented him from finishing his assignments on time.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Negligence implies a failure to take proper care or precautions in doing something.
- 2Carelessness suggests a lack of attention or caution in avoiding harm or errors.
- 3Laziness refers to an unwillingness to work or exert oneself.
Good things to know
- 1Workplace: Use these antonyms to describe employees' work ethics and performance.
- 2Education: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about study habits and academic success.
- 3Daily Life: Utilize these antonyms to express dissatisfaction with someone's behavior or attitude.
The antonyms of diligentia describe a lack of effort, attention, or care in performing a task. Negligence implies a failure to take proper care, carelessness suggests a lack of attention or caution, and laziness refers to an unwillingness to work. Use these antonyms in workplace evaluations, education discussions, and daily life to express dissatisfaction with someone's behavior or attitude.