What is the antonym of “dipartite”?
The antonym of dipartite is unified, undivided, and single. The antonyms unified, undivided, and single convey a sense of oneness, wholeness, or undividedness. It implies that something is not divided or separated into parts.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Joined together to form a single entity or group.
The team worked in a unified manner to achieve their common goal.
Not separated or divided into parts; complete or whole.
She gave her undivided attention to the speaker and didn't check her phone even once.
Existing alone; not accompanied by anything else.
He lived in a single room apartment with no roommates.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Unified refers to something that is joined together to form a single entity or group.
- 2Undivided refers to something that is complete or whole and not separated or divided into parts.
- 3Single refers to something that exists alone and is not accompanied by anything else.
Good things to know
- 1Politics: Use unified to describe a political party that is working together towards a common goal.
- 2Attention: Use undivided to describe someone's full attention or focus.
- 3Housing: Use single to describe a living space that is meant for one person only.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Unified refers to something that is joined together, undivided refers to something that is complete or whole, and single refers to something that exists alone. Use these words to describe political parties, someone's full attention, or living spaces meant for one person.