Definitions and Examples of agreeing, concurring, harmonizing
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having the same opinion or belief as someone else; coming to a mutual understanding.
After discussing the issue, they ended up agreeing on a solution that worked for everyone.
Expressing agreement or approval with someone else's opinion or action.
I concur with your assessment of the situation and think we should proceed accordingly.
Bringing different elements into agreement or balance; creating a pleasing effect.
The choir did an excellent job harmonizing their voices during the performance.
Key Differences: agreeing vs concurring vs harmonizing
- 1Agreeing implies having the same opinion or belief as someone else, while concurring means expressing agreement or approval with someone else's opinion or action.
- 2Harmonizing refers to bringing different elements into agreement or balance, often used in the context of music or design.
Effective Usage of agreeing, concurring, harmonizing
- 1Negotiations: Use agreeing and concurring to express agreement during negotiations and discussions.
- 2Music and Design: Use harmonizing to describe the process of blending different elements to create a pleasing effect in music or design.
- 3Relationships: Use these antonyms to describe the state of agreement or disagreement in personal relationships.
The antonyms of disagreeing are agreeing, concurring, and harmonizing. Use agreeing and concurring to express agreement or approval, and harmonizing to describe the process of blending different elements to create a pleasing effect. These words can be used in negotiations, music and design, and personal relationships.