What is the antonym of “disequilibrate”?
The antonyms of disequilibrate are balance, stabilize, and equilibrate. These words convey the opposite meaning of disequilibrate, which means to upset or disturb the balance of something.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To keep something steady and in a stable position.
She tried to balance the books on her head without dropping them.
To make something steady or stable after it has been disturbed.
The doctor gave him medication to stabilize his blood pressure.
To bring something into balance or equilibrium.
The chemist had to equilibrate the solution before conducting the experiment.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Balance refers to keeping something steady and in a stable position.
- 2Stabilize means to make something steady or stable after it has been disturbed.
- 3Equilibrate means to bring something into balance or equilibrium.
Good things to know
- 1Science: Use equilibrate in scientific contexts when discussing chemical reactions or physical processes.
- 2Sports: Use balance when talking about sports that require good balance, such as gymnastics or figure skating.
- 3Medicine: Use stabilize when discussing medical conditions that require stabilizing medication or treatment.
The antonyms of disequilibrate are balance, stabilize, and equilibrate. These words have distinct meanings and can be used in different contexts such as science, sports, and medicine. Use these words to communicate effectively and convey the opposite meaning of disequilibrate.