What is the antonym of “disimpassioned”?
The antonyms of disimpassioned are passionate, emotional, and biased. These words convey a strong emotional state, opposite to the neutral and unemotional meaning of disimpassioned.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Having or showing intense emotions or strong feelings towards something or someone.
She is a passionate advocate for animal rights and spends most of her free time volunteering at the shelter.
Relating to or characterized by intense feelings or strong emotions.
The movie's ending was so touching that it left everyone feeling emotional and teary-eyed.
Showing an unfair preference for one thing or person over another.
The journalist's article was criticized for being biased and not presenting both sides of the story.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Passionate refers to intense emotions or strong feelings towards something or someone.
- 2Emotional describes a state of being characterized by intense feelings or strong emotions.
- 3Biased implies an unfair preference for one thing or person over another.
Good things to know
- 1Express Opinions: Use passionate and emotional to express strong opinions or beliefs.
- 2Avoid Bias: Use disimpassioned or unbiased to describe a neutral or objective point of view.
- 3Analyze Arguments: Use biased to criticize arguments that show an unfair preference for one side over another.