What is the antonym of “dismayed”?
The antonyms of dismayed are encouraged and reassured. The antonyms encouraged and reassured convey a positive emotional state. It implies a feeling of hope, confidence, or comfort.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Feeling hopeful, confident, or motivated.
After receiving positive feedback from her boss, she felt encouraged to continue working hard.
Feeling comforted, relieved, or less anxious about something.
The doctor's words reassured her that the surgery would be successful and she would recover soon.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Encouraged is a term that describes a feeling of hope, confidence, or motivation.
- 2Reassured is a term that describes a feeling of comfort, relief, or reduced anxiety.
Good things to know
- 1Motivate Others: Use encouraged to inspire and motivate others to achieve their goals.
- 2Provide Comfort: Use reassured to comfort and relieve someone who is anxious or worried.
- 3Express Gratitude: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to express gratitude and appreciation for positive experiences.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Encouraged conveys hope, confidence, or motivation, while reassured denotes comfort, relief, or reduced anxiety. Use these words to motivate others, provide comfort, and express gratitude for positive experiences.