The Opposite(Antonym) of “dispersed”
The antonyms of dispersed are concentrated, gathered, and collected. These antonyms describe the opposite of spreading out or scattering something. They imply bringing things together in a specific location or direction.
Definitions and Examples of concentrated, gathered, collected
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Gathered closely together in a specific location or direction.
The perfume was so concentrated that it filled the entire room with its fragrance.
To bring things together in one place or group.
The family gathered around the dinner table to enjoy a meal together.
Brought together into a single group or place.
The museum had an impressive collection of collected artifacts from different parts of the world.
Key Differences: concentrated vs gathered vs collected
- 1Concentrated implies a high density of objects in a specific location.
- 2Gathered implies bringing things together in one place or group.
- 3Collected implies a group of things that have been brought together into a single location.
Effective Usage of concentrated, gathered, collected
- 1Academic Writing: Use these antonyms to describe the distribution of data, resources, or population.
- 2Business Communication: Incorporate these antonyms to describe the concentration or dispersion of products, services, or employees.
- 3Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms to create vivid descriptions of settings, characters, or events.
The antonyms of dispersed are concentrated, gathered, and collected. These words describe the opposite of spreading out or scattering something. Use these antonyms to describe the distribution of data, resources, or population in academic writing, business communication, or creative writing.