What is the antonym of “disproval”?
The antonyms of disproval are approval, commendation, and praise. These words convey a positive or favorable evaluation of someone's actions, decisions, or behavior.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act of expressing a positive opinion or agreement with something.
The manager gave her approval for the new project proposal.
An expression of praise or admiration for someone's achievements or qualities.
The teacher wrote a letter of commendation for the student who excelled in science.
To express admiration or approval for someone's actions, qualities, or achievements.
The coach praised the team for their hard work and dedication.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Approval is an act of expressing agreement or support for something.
- 2Commendation is an expression of admiration or praise for someone's achievements or qualities.
- 3Praise is an action of expressing admiration or approval for someone's actions, qualities, or achievements.
Good things to know
- 1Professional Settings: Use these antonyms to evaluate performance, provide feedback, or make decisions.
- 2Personal Relationships: Incorporate these words to show appreciation, gratitude, or admiration for someone's actions or qualities.
- 3Academic Writing: Utilize these antonyms to analyze literature, evaluate research, or express opinions.
The antonyms approval, commendation, and praise convey a positive evaluation of someone's actions, decisions, or behavior. They differ in their nuances: Approval expresses agreement, commendation expresses admiration, and praise expresses approval. Use these words in professional settings, personal relationships, or academic writing to evaluate, appreciate, or analyze.