What is the antonym of “disreputed”?
The antonym of disreputed is respected, honored, and esteemed. The antonyms respected, honored, and esteemed convey a positive or admired reputation. It implies a high regard, admiration, or appreciation.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Admired for one's abilities, qualities, or achievements.
He is a respected professor in the field of economics.
Highly respected; regarded with great esteem.
She was honored with a prestigious award for her contributions to science.
Highly respected; held in great esteem.
The company's CEO is an esteemed leader who has earned the trust and loyalty of his employees.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Respected is a general term that describes someone who is admired for their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
- 2Honored is a more specific term that describes someone who is highly respected and regarded with great esteem.
- 3Esteemed is a formal term that describes someone who is held in high regard and respect.
Good things to know
- 1Enhance Communication: Use respected, honored, and esteemed to convey admiration and appreciation effectively.
- 2Show Respect: Incorporate antonyms in conversations to demonstrate respect and admiration.
- 3Enrich Writing: Utilize these antonyms in writing to create a positive and uplifting tone.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Respected conveys general admiration, honored denotes high respect, and esteemed refers to formal respect. Use these words to enhance communication, show respect in conversations, and enrich writing by creating a positive and uplifting tone.