What is the antonym of “distasteful”?
The antonyms of distasteful are pleasant, agreeable, and delightful. These words convey a positive or enjoyable experience, unlike distasteful which implies something unpleasant or disagreeable.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Giving a sense of happy satisfaction or enjoyment.
The weather was pleasant and sunny, perfect for a picnic.
Pleasant or pleasing in nature or appearance; willing to agree or consent.
The hotel staff were very agreeable and accommodating to our requests.
Causing delight or pleasure; highly pleasing.
The cake was delightful and had a rich chocolate flavor.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Pleasant describes something that gives a sense of happy satisfaction or enjoyment.
- 2Agreeable describes something that is pleasing in nature or appearance and can also refer to a person who is willing to agree or consent.
- 3Delightful describes something that causes delight or pleasure and is highly pleasing.
Good things to know
- 1Expressing Preferences: Use these antonyms to describe things you like or dislike.
- 2Describing Experiences: Use these words to describe enjoyable experiences or situations.
- 3Giving Compliments: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to give compliments or show appreciation.
The antonyms of distasteful are pleasant, agreeable, and delightful. These words convey a positive or enjoyable experience. Use them to express preferences, describe enjoyable experiences, and give compliments or show appreciation.