What is the antonym of “distortion”?
The antonym of distortion are clarification, correction, and accuracy. The antonyms clarification, correction, and accuracy convey a positive and truthful representation of information. It implies a lack of errors, misunderstandings, or misinterpretations.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The act of making something clearer or easier to understand.
The teacher provided clarification on the confusing topic, which helped the students understand it better.
The action or process of correcting something that is wrong or mistaken.
The editor made a correction to the article, which improved its accuracy.
The quality or state of being correct or precise.
The scientist ensured the accuracy of the experiment by conducting it multiple times.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Clarification is the act of making something clearer or easier to understand.
- 2Correction is the action or process of correcting something that is wrong or mistaken.
- 3Accuracy is the quality or state of being correct or precise.
Good things to know
- 1Academic Writing: Use clarification, correction, and accuracy to ensure the credibility and validity of research.
- 2Professional Communication: Incorporate antonyms in emails, reports, and presentations to convey accurate and truthful information.
- 3Media and Journalism: Utilize these antonyms to provide unbiased and factual news reporting.
The antonyms have distinct nuances: Clarification makes something clearer, correction fixes something that is wrong, and accuracy ensures correctness and precision. Use these words in academic writing, professional communication, and media and journalism to convey accurate and truthful information.