What is the antonym of “distrusted”?
The antonyms of distrusted are trust, believe, and rely on. These words convey a positive emotional state of confidence, faith, and reliability.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
To have confidence in the reliability, truth, or ability of someone or something.
I trust my best friend with my secrets because I know she won't tell anyone.
To accept something as true or real, often without proof or evidence.
I believe that honesty is the best policy, even if it's not always easy.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Trust implies a strong sense of confidence and reliability in someone or something.
- 2Believe suggests accepting something as true or real, often without proof or evidence.
- 3Rely on means depending on someone or something for support, help, or protection.
Good things to know
- 1Building Relationships: Use these antonyms to express trust and confidence in others.
- 2Expressing Opinions: Incorporate these words to convey your beliefs and convictions.
- 3Giving Advice: Utilize these antonyms to provide guidance and support to others.