What is the antonym of “disturbance”?
The antonyms of disturbance are calm, peace, and quiet. These antonyms convey a sense of tranquility, stillness, and absence of noise or disruption.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful and free from agitation.
She took a deep breath to stay calm during the job interview.
A state of tranquility, quiet, and harmony, free from disturbance or conflict.
The treaty brought peace between the two countries.
Making little or no noise; free from disturbance or interruption.
The library is a quiet place where people can study without distractions.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Calm refers to a state of mind that is free from agitation or strong emotions.
- 2Peace refers to a state of society or environment that is free from conflict or disturbance.
- 3Quiet refers to a state of sound that is free from noise or interruption.
Good things to know
- 1Describing Emotions: Use calm to describe a state of mind that is free from agitation or strong emotions.
- 2Discussing Politics: Use peace to discuss the absence of conflict or disturbance in society or international relations.
- 3Describing Environments: Use quiet to describe a place or situation that is free from noise or interruption.
The antonyms of disturbance are calm, peace, and quiet. These words convey different nuances: Calm refers to a state of mind, peace refers to a state of society, and quiet refers to a state of sound. Use these words to describe emotions, discuss politics, and describe environments.