Definitions and Examples of value, appreciate, esteem
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
The worth or usefulness of something.
She placed a high value on education and made sure her children received the best schooling.
To recognize the value or quality of something; to be grateful for something.
I appreciate your help with the project. Without you, I wouldn't have been able to finish it on time.
To hold someone or something in high regard; to respect or admire.
He was esteemed by his colleagues for his hard work and dedication to the company.
Key Differences: value vs appreciate vs esteem
- 1Value refers to the worth or usefulness of something.
- 2Appreciate means to recognize the value or quality of something and be grateful for it.
- 3Esteem means to hold someone or something in high regard and respect or admire them.
Effective Usage of value, appreciate, esteem
- 1Express Gratitude: Use appreciate to show gratitude for something someone has done for you.
- 2Show Respect: Use esteem to show respect or admiration for someone or something.
- 3Discuss Importance: Use value to discuss the worth or usefulness of something.
The antonyms of disvalue convey a positive or favorable emotional state. Value refers to worth or usefulness, appreciate means to recognize value and be grateful, and esteem means to hold in high regard and respect. Use these words to express gratitude, show respect, and discuss importance.