What is the antonym of “dithery”?
The antonyms of dithery are calm and composed. The antonyms calm and composed convey a sense of tranquility and self-control. They imply a lack of agitation, nervousness, or anxiety.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Not showing or feeling nervousness, anger, or other strong emotions; peaceful.
She took a deep breath to stay calm before giving her presentation.
Having one's feelings and expression under control; calm.
Despite the chaos around him, he remained composed and focused on his task.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Calm refers to a state of tranquility and absence of strong emotions.
- 2Composed refers to a state of self-control and emotional stability.
Good things to know
- 1Express Emotions: Use calm and composed to describe someone's demeanor or behavior in a situation.
- 2Discuss Personal Traits: Incorporate these antonyms in conversations to describe personal qualities.
- 3Write Descriptive Texts: Utilize these antonyms in narratives to create vivid descriptions of characters and settings.
The antonyms calm and composed convey a sense of tranquility and self-control. Use these words to express emotions, discuss personal traits, and write descriptive texts by creating vivid descriptions of characters and settings.