What is the antonym of “divineness”?
The antonyms of divineness are profanity, impiety, and wickedness. These antonyms convey a lack of reverence, respect, or holiness.
Brief Definitions of the Antonym(s)
Learn when and how to use these words with these examples!
Language that is disrespectful or offensive, especially when used in a religious context.
Using profanity in a place of worship is considered highly disrespectful.
Lack of reverence or respect for sacred things; irreverence towards God or religion.
His impiety was evident when he made fun of the religious rituals.
Morally wrong or evil behavior; the quality of being wicked or sinful.
The wickedness of the villain was apparent from his cruel actions.
How are these antonyms different from each other?
- 1Profanity refers to language that is disrespectful or offensive, especially in a religious context.
- 2Impiety refers to a lack of reverence or respect for sacred things, particularly towards God or religion.
- 3Wickedness refers to morally wrong or evil behavior.
Good things to know
- 1Religious Context: Use these antonyms in religious contexts to describe behavior that is disrespectful or immoral.
- 2Moral Discussions: Incorporate these antonyms in discussions about ethics and morality.
- 3Creative Writing: Utilize these antonyms in creative writing to create characters with distinct moral values.
The antonyms of divineness convey a lack of reverence, respect, or holiness. Profanity refers to disrespectful language, impiety refers to a lack of respect for sacred things, and wickedness refers to morally wrong behavior. Use these antonyms in religious contexts, moral discussions, and creative writing to create characters with distinct moral values.